Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Near Death...



...thanks to a pair of running shoes.
 
 
Wednesday, when I got home from work, I was set on getting the scale to move.
I have read that with running the weight just kinda falls of. We will see!
I started the Couch2fivek (C25k) and I almost died.
 
It was 92 and very humid.
I am not a runner!
Running around the bases is about my extent.
I haven't played softball since Junior year of High school.
I am not a runner, did I say that yet?
 
Running to me is really just a mind game.
How far can you push yourself?
From one light pole to the next, from one driveway to the next.
Can you run for 60 seconds straight?
You can do it, yes you can.
 
Day 1 Week 1 of C25k:
warm up for 5min. steady walk
60 seconds jogging
90 seconds walking
Repeat jogging and walking for 20 min.
Now it may not seem like a lot a running but, it is hard.
 
You know what I realized?
You can do anything you put your mind too.
I have always known this but not with exercise.
I never thought I was strong enough.
I am and you are too...
 
I was ubber proud of myself when I finished.
I was proud to be out of breath.
Proud to be tomato-red-face.
Proud to be all sweaty!
Proud to know that the only thing that can beat me is me.
I am in control!
 
 
 
Under my belt I have day 1 of C25k finished.
Today I am suppose to complete Day 2.
It is the same routine as Day 1.



Lets see how this goes!!!

Remember you can follow me and my adventures on instagram @littlebittraditional

No comments:

Post a Comment